- Recognizes years of continuous, outstanding advocacy for the University of Maine in ways that increase or enhance the reputation and public appreciation of UMaine in the areas of academics, athletics, the arts, and/or alumni success
- No more than four awards may be given annually
- Non-alumni are eligible
- Not eligible: previous recipients of a Pine Tree Emblem Alumni Service Award, or any current UMAA board member, current UMAA or UMaine Foundation employee, or current member of the Alumni Awards Selection Committee
- Separate letters from at least two nominators detailing nominee’s outstanding service to increase or enhance the public reputation and appreciation of the University in the areas of academics, athletics, the arts, research and economic development, and or alumni success
- One additional letter from a Cabinet member, dean, or program director detailing, in ways relevant to the nominations, the nominee’s outstanding service to the university.