On May 10th one lucky UMaine student, parent or friend is going to win free tuition for the 2017-2018 academic year!
The University of Maine Alumni Association will hold again this year the annual Black Bear Tuition Raffle. If you win, you can use the prize to benefit your favorite UMaine undergraduate—a family member, a friend’s child, a stranger in need, or even yourself!
The UMaine Alumni Association’s annual tuition raffle helps fund its support of student organizations and alumni programs. The raffle’s prize is the equivalent of one year’s (30 credit hours) in-state undergraduate tuition for the 2017-18 academic year. The dollar value of the prize is $8,370, which the Alumni Association will pay to UMaine on behalf of the raffle winner or his or her designee.
The drawing for the winner will be held at the Buchanan Alumni House in Orono on May 10, 2017 at noon and will be live-streamed over the UMaine Alumni Association’s Facebook page and here on our website. The winner’s name will be posted later that day on the Alumni Association’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter feed.
You could be the winner!
Thanks in advance for participating and supporting this opportunity! Good luck!
Here’s how to enter:
- Complete the Request Ticket form here or stop by the Buchanan Alumni House.
- Fill out the ticket stubs, making sure you provide all information.
- Tear off and mail or drop off the completed ticket stubs.
Ticket stubs and checks must be mailed to UMAA, P.O. Box 550, Orono, ME 04473. Envelopes containing ticket stubs and checks must be postmarked before May 2, 2017 in order to be included in the drawing.
- A suggested donation of $5 per ticket allows us to continue this popular program.
- Payments by credit/debit card may be made in person only at the Association’s main office (160 College Ave., Orono, Maine).
- Anyone 18 years of age or older may enter.
- You do not need to be present to win.
- *The dollar value of the prize is the equivalent of UMaine’s in-state tuition rate for the 2017-18 academic year. That amount will be deposited at the UMaine Business Office in the name of the raffle winner’s designee.
- Remember, no purchase is necessary to enter the raffle. However, financial support helps make it possible for us to sustain the annual tuition raffle.
- The student to whom the tuition prize is directed must be an undergraduate student registered at UMaine (Orono) for fall 2017. The prize will be paid in installments of 15 credit hours per semester, and may not be used for any fees or other charges. The student must be registered for the spring 2018 semester in order to receive the benefits of the second installment. All benefits of the tuition prize expire at the end of UMaine’s 2018 Summer Session in August 2018.
- Tuition raffle entries are NOT tax-deductible gifts to the UMAA according to the IRS. Participants must be 18 years or older to enter. UMaine Alumni Association employees and their direct relations are not eligible to win.
2016 Tuition Raffle Winner Announced
On Monday, May 9, Bananas with the help of Ashley Robinson ’16 drew the winning entry for this year’s Alumni Association tuition raffle, and John Diamond ’77, ’89G announced the winner.
Congratulations to UMaine undergraduate Christopher Pilch ’18 of Marlborough, Mass., the winner of the 2016-17 Alumni Association Tuition Raffle!
The prize–full tuition to cover 30 credit hours (based on the in-state credit hour rate)–is awarded through the annual University of Maine Alumni Association Tuition Raffle. Based on current tuition rates, the dollar value of those credit hours will be at least $8,370.