Join us for Senior Alumni Reunion on campus September 28-30, 2023.
Classes celebrating with formal reunion activities on campus include: 1953, 1958, 1963, 1968, and 1973.
The Class of 1973 will be inducted into Senior Alumni as they celebrate their 50th Reunion. We hope many of you from other alumni classes will join us as well as part of Senior Alumni!
Please click to register through your class link below. If you are not celebrating with a specific class, please register through the Senior Alumni link.
Click on your class below for more information about your class’s reunion plans.
Reserve your hotel room NOW as space is limited and rooms will fill up fast!
Request “UMaine Reunion 2023” Block at any of the following hotels:
- Country Inn at the Mall, Bangor: 207.941.0200 ($130 plus tax) Book by August 15
- Quality Inn in Bangor: 207.942.7899 ($179 plus tax) Book by August 27
Other hotel options that may have availablity but are no longer offering discounts include:
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangor: 207.262.0700
- Black Bear Inn in Orono: 207.866.7120
See below for a full schedule of on-campus/Orono events. Subject to change. Campus Map available here.
Thursday, September 28
9:30am – 4:00pm: Registration at Buchanan Alumni House – Visit Buchanan Alumni House at your convenience to pick up your nametag and other reunion materials.
9:30 am – 4:00 pm: “Open House” facilities on campus – Visit the New Balance Recreation Center, the Hudson Museum, the Lord Hall Art Gallery, and more! These buildings and more will be open throughout the day for you to drop in and look around on your own if you so wish!
- 11:45 am – 4:15 pm – Scheduled afternoon activities that you can sign up for include tours of:
- 11:45 am – The Performing Arts Facilities – Visit 1944 Hall, Minsky Recital Hall, Hauck Auditorium, and more!
- 11:45 am – The brand new Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center, Opened in August of 2022, the building includes a 10,000-square-foot multidisciplinary student project design suite, a 10,000-square-foot biomedical engineering research lab suite, 6 active learning classrooms, research labs, common areas, and more!
- 12:15 pm – Athletic Facilities – Visit the renovated Softball Field, see other renovations in the works, visit the Field House, the Pit, Alfond Arena, Alfond Stadium, and more!
- 12:15 pm – The VEMI Lab – The lab is a multidisciplinary environment where students and faculty learn and innovate together to solve unmet challenges with technology. Their expertise in Human Computer interaction and research education makes us the leading lab in their field.
- 1:45 pm – The Advanced Structures and Composites Center, a world-leading, interdisciplinary center for research, education, and economic development encompassing material sciences, manufacturing, and engineering of composites and structures – Home of the 3D House!
- Other 1:45 pm activities include guest speaker Dr. John Volin, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and or a tour of the Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center.
- 3pm: Open House at the Edith Patch house (Braeside) – https://umaine.edu/150/faces-behind-the-places/edith-patch-hall/ – Transportation not provided, must drive own vehicle.
- 3:15 pm- Bus Tour of Campus
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm: Class of 1973 50th Reunion Reception at the President’s House on campus
- 5:00 pm – Cocktail Hour and All-Alumni Dinner at Wells Conference Center on campus with special guest President Joan Ferrini-Mundy and entertainment provided by UMaine students ($30-$35)
Friday, September 29
8:00am – 4:00pm – Registration at Buchanan Alumni House – Visit Buchanan Alumni House at your convenience to pick up your nametag and other reunion materials.
9:00am: Morning Mingle with Students at Buchanan Alumni House – Join members of the Senior Alumni Committee along with current and former non-traditional student scholarship recipients and student alumni ambassadors for a morning of conversation and student stories! Morning refreshments will be available.
9:30am – 4:00pm: “Open House” Facilities on campus – Visit the New Balance Recreation Center, the Hudson Museum, the Lord Hall Art Gallery, and more!
9:45am – Class of 1968 Business Meeting at Buchanan Alumni House
10:00am – Class of 1973 Business Meeting at Buchanan Alumni House
10:00am – Class of 1963 Business Meeting at Buchanan Alumni House
10:15am – Class of 1953 Business Meeting at Buchanan Alumni House
10:45am – Class of 1958 Business Meeting at Buchanan Alumni House
12:00pm – 2:00pm: Senior Alumni Luncheon at Wells Conference Center featuring a panel of student guests. Wells Parking Lot is reserved for Alumni and guests. ($20-$33)
- 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Scheduled afternoon activities that you can sign up for include tours of:
- 2:00 pm -Advanced Structures and Composites Center, or
- 2:00 pm – The Hudson Museum – Explore the Museum’s extraordinary holdings in the World Cultures Gallery and the Maine Indian Gallery, as well as changing exhibits in the Merritt Gallery and the Minsky Culture Lab), or
- 2:00 pm – Guest Speaker Dr. Giovanna Guidoboni – Dean of the College of Engineering and Computing at Wells Conference Center
- 2:20 pm – The Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center or the Athletic Facilities.
- 3:45 pm – Bus Tour of Campus or
- 3:45 pm – Guest Speaker Jude Killy UMaine Athletic Director at Buchanan Alumni House
4:30pm: Reunion Closing Reception – Leadership Hall and Grand Reception Area at Buchanan Alumni House – Hors d’oeuvres and cash bar (beer and wine)
4:30pm: Class of 1958 Gathering at Classmate’s Home on Pushaw Lake
6:00pm: Class of 1968 Pat’s Pizza Party – Location TBD
6:00pm – Class of 1963 Gathering at Pat’s Pizza
6:00pm – Class of 1973 Pat’s Pizza Party at Buchanan Alumni House
Saturday, September 30th
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Pre-game event at President’s House on campus hosted by President Joan Ferrini-Mundy – Reunion attendees and guests are invited to join the President at her home for complimentary pre-game refreshments and socializing!
- 3:30 pm: UMaine Football vs. Stony Brook at Alfond Stadium ($10 reunion discount pricing)
- 7:30 pm: UMaine School of Performing Arts, CADENZATO Music Faculty Concert, Minsky Recital Hall, Class of 1944 Building