Founded in 1875, the UMaine Alumni Association is an independent, not-for-profit, organization dedicated to advancing the best interests of UMaine and its former, current, and future students.
We do so by encouraging relationships and mobilizing resources in ways that enhance the value of a UMaine degree. Our efforts focus on:
- providing information, programs, and events that serve our members’ personal and career interests; and
- advocating for policies and assets that strengthen UMaine’s quality, reputation, and appeal.
The Alumni Association has more than 110,000 UMaine alumni living in 50 states and 112 countries.
The Association serves as the independent voice and representative of all individuals who have experienced a University of Maine education. The Association’s mission is pursued through three broad areas of emphasis:
1. providing information, programs, networking opportunities and events that engage the Association’s members and serve their personal and career interests;
2. providing input and advocating for policies and resources that strengthen the quality, affordability, value and reputation of a University of Maine education; and
3. cultivating affinity for the University of Maine among the Association’s members and friends by fostering a culture and practice of personal involvement, volunteerism and philanthropy.