Thursday June 18, 2020 DiMillos Restaurant 25 Long Wharf, Portland, Maine
11:30 Class meeting and speakers TBA
2:15 Ferry to Peaks Island from 56 Commercial Street – 20 minute ride, Senior Fee is $ 3.85 round trip for pedestrians.
3:00 Tour of 5th Maine Regiment and Peaks Island Museum ($5.00), golf cart tours around the island,
drinks on the porch of the Harbor View Inn, Perry Clough will describe his childhood on the island for a small fee.
5:00 Ferry to Portland
6:00 Dinner at Pat’s Pizza at 30 Market Street on your own.
- Cost of lunch at Dimillo’s – Breakwater Buffet is $ 31.00 including tip and tax.
- The Holiday Inn on the Harbor (88 Spring Street) is holding a block of rooms for the 17th and 18th for $219 per night with 48 hour no cancellation fee. $10.00 per day parking for guests.
- All venues are less than a 20 minute walk from each other, parking at DiMillos is free for 3 hours, then $7.00 per hour, parking garage at the ferry terminal in Portland is $5.00 per hour.
- DiMillo’s will do lunch buffet for minimum of 30, will accommodate allergies.
- No elevator, but stair chair to meeting rooms.
- Registration material will be mailed in May. With questions call Ashley Twombly at UMAA at 207-581-1144