Without a doubt, the Class of 2020’s final semester was unlike anything any previous UMaine graduating classes have ever experienced. Like you, we wish your final semester at UMaine could be filled with the experiences, accomplishments, and celebrations that you deserve and had looked forward to as recently as two months ago.
We are trying to make the best of a disappointing situation for you and your classmates. To do so, we need your help.
The UMaine Alumni Association is gathering stories, quotes, and photographs from members of UMaine’s Class of 2020 to document how the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted class members’ lives. We will feature a selection of them in a special edition of MAINE Alumni Magazine, which will be distributed free to all members of the Class of 2020 and to tens of thousands of UMaine alumni throughout the U.S.
Below we’ve provided a list of questions on this web form. Please respond only to those questions that interest you.
Please note the following:
- The magazine will feature excerpts of the submissions we receive. However, all submissions will be included in full in an expanded digital collection being compiled by the Alumni Association and Fogler Library.
- All excerpts chosen for the magazine will be shared with their authors before they are printed.
- We’d like our collection to include your photograph. Please attach a high-quality photo of yourself taken on campus, at home, on a walk, with a pet, etc., during this period of time.
- Your copy of the magazine will be mailed in July and will be sent to the postal address you provided to UMaine for May graduation.
Thank you! Contact John Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
About the UMaine Alumni Association
Founded in 1875, the UMaine Alumni Association is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing the best interests of UMaine and its former, current, and future students.
We do so by encouraging relationships and mobilizing resources in ways that enhance the value of a UMaine degree. Our efforts focus on:
- providing information, programs, and events that serve our members’ personal and career interests; and
- advocating for policies and assets that strengthen UMaine’s quality, reputation, and appeal.
The Alumni Association has more than 109,000 UMaine alumni living in 50 states and 112 countries.