The purpose of the Student Alumni Ambassadors Program (SAA) is to provide UMaine undergraduate students with meaningful leadership opportunities in support of the university and the Alumni Association.
The SAA program is structured to advance the Alumni Association’s role in promoting the interests of UMaine and its past, current, and future students. SAA activities focus on the following:
- Providing opportunities for students to engage with alumni and university leaders in ways that advance their career and social interests
- Providing support for the Alumni Association’s efforts to help recruit, retain, and graduate students
- Representing UMaine and the Alumni Association in programs and events on and off campus
- Helping cultivate campus traditions and ties among students and other members of the UMaine community
- Helping coordinate student-oriented programs that would help prepare students for life after UMaine
SAA is looking for undergraduate students who are engaged on campus in activities including but not limited to:
- Student service organizations
- Honors organizations
- Greek life
- Off-campus Board
- Visual/performing arts
- Intercollegiate athletics
- Academic advisory boards
For more information contact Aysha Vear ’17 at 207.581.1146 or email@example.com.