UMaine Class of ’57 Classmates:
We will celebrate our 65th Reunion September 8-10, 2022 on campus! Please join us in Orono for the festivities. We want you with us to share the memories, the fun and the fellowship of our Class of 1957 Reunion.
Please register to attend online at umainealumni.com/1957-reunion or call 207-581-1144 or 1-800-934-2586 to register over the phone. You must register by Friday, August 26. Register early as campus tour space is limited! Read on, mark your calendars for September 8-10, and make plans to attend!
Thursday, September 8
- 9:30 am – 4:00 pm: Registration at Buchanan Alumni House – Visit Buchanan Alumni House at your convenience to pick up your nametag and other reunion materials.
- 9:30 am – 4:00 pm: “Open House” Facilities on campus – Visit the New Balance Recreation Center, the Hudson Museum, the Lord Hall Art Gallery and more!
- 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Afternoon activities include tours of:
- The Advanced Structures and Composites Center, a world-leading, interdisciplinary center for research, education, and economic development encompassing material sciences, manufacturing, and engineering of composites and structures
- The brand new Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center, Opened in August of 2022, the building includes a 10,000-square-foot multidisciplinary student project design suite, a 10,000-square-foot biomedical engineering research lab suite, 6 active learning classrooms, research labs, common areas, and more!
- The Performing Arts Facilities – Visit 1944 Hall, Minsky Recital Hall, Hauck Auditorium, and more!
- Athletic Facilities – Visit the Field House, the Pit, Alfond Arena, Alfond Stadium, and more!
- Other afternoon options include guest speaker Diane Rowland, the Dean of the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture, and a bus tour of campus.
- 5:00 pm – Cocktail Hour and All-Alumni Dinner at the Black Bear Inn in Orono with special guest President Joan Ferrini-Mundy and entertainment provided by UMaine students
Friday, September 9
- 9:00 am: Morning Mingle with Students at Buchanan Alumni House – Join members of the Senior Alumni Committee along with current and former non-traditional student scholarship recipients and student alumni ambassadors for a morning of conversation and student stories! Morning refreshments will be available.
- 9:30 am: Class of 1957 Business Meeting
- Noon: Senior Alumni Luncheon at Wells Conference Center with a guest panel of UMaine students
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Afternoon Activities (Tour options include the Advanced Structures and Composites Center, and the Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center. Other options include a panel of University representatives discussing new initiatives made possible by the $240 million Alfond Grant, a bus tour of campus, and a tour of the Hudson Museum- Explore the Museum’s extraordinary holdings in the World Cultures Gallery and the Maine Indian Gallery, as well as changing exhibits in the Merritt Gallery and the Minsky Culture Lab).
- 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm: Reunion Closing Reception at Buchanan Alumni House – Hors d’oeuvres and cash bar
- 7:30 pm: Faculty Recital Featuring Silver Duo in Minsky Recital Hall – Noreen Silver, cello and Phillip Silver, piano – with Guest Artist Clarinetist/Composer, Beth Wiemann (free admission)
Saturday, September 10
- 10:00 am: Pre-game reception at President’s House on campus hosted by President Joan Ferrini-Mundy
- 1:00 pm: UMaine Football vs. Colgate at Alfond Stadium – (Tailgating beginning at 10am) $10 group rate tickets available on the reunion registration form.
Reserve your hotel room NOW as space is limited and rooms will fill up fast!
Request “UMaine Reunion 2022” Block at any of the following hotels:
- Black Bear Inn in Orono: 207.866.7120 ($149 plus tax)
- Country Inn at the Mall, Bangor: 207.941.0200 ($85 plus tax)
- Quality Inn in Bangor: 207.942.7899 ($109 plus tax)
- Hampton Inn in Bangor: 207.990.4400 ($199 plus tax)
We hope to see you in September! Come and help us celebrate!
Yours for the University of Maine, “the college of our hearts always!”
Robert “Jiggs” Cecchini
Class of 1957 Class President
Welcome to the Class of 1957. We’d love to hear from you. Please take a few moments and share your news with classmates.
For questions or to get involved in class activities, please contact Ashley Twombly ’10, ’12G at (207) 581-1144.